Friday, February 4, 2011

lessons learned.

  • Sick spouse = 1 extra sick kid to take care of. You know I'm right ladies (I've talked to a bunch of you, so its not just my spouse). Men are babies when they are sick. We love you, its true. But......Get. A. Grip.
  • Also - how many moms get "sick days"? None. Unless you're in the hospital I'd imagine. How did I get that end of the stick?
  • Saw a mom mullet at the gym.
  • I've also spied numerous people exercising in normal clothes (khakis, button up shirts, jeans, non tennis shoes) at said gym. What the?
  • I've also, also spied several people walking at a snails pace reading a book while on a treadmill or elliptical. Calories burned per hour? Maybe 20. I've seen this before, and will never understand.
  • One of the highs this week was 13 degrees. Let us never speak of it again.
  • So banana chocolate chip muffins have flour and sugar in them? Really? Too soon to be cooking those bad boys without wanting one.
  • I have a love/hate relationship with Pandora. I wish there was a "never want to hear this artist ever" button (maybe there is, I'm a newbie). Goo Goo Dolls. Really?
  • I have gone to Target no less than 5 times this week intending to buy a specific item and have forgotten it every time. It could be my brain. It could be Target's magical powers....

3 comments:

Lindy said...

Target has an amazing ability to get me to spend fifty extra dollars when I go in just for some bananas or vitamins. Let's just hope Target doesn't teach teenage girls its secrets.

P Gersch said...

I have a gluten free recipe for banana chocolate chip bread. It uses coconut flour, chocolate chips, bananas, eggs, applesauce, and spices. It's dense, but super yummy (and good for you!)
Biggest peeve: People at gym on treadmill ON CELL PHONES! Seriously, if you're not gonna beat the @#%^ out of the TM with your feet, get off and let someone else have it.

Cammy Aller said...

Sara, you guys need to plan a trip out here durning winter times. Its been in the 80's this whole week! I would even drive you to the beach everyday and watch your kids so you can totally enjoy yourself! :) Stay warm and give the kids hugs from us in Florida :) Cammy