- What's that you say doc? My ear infection will most likely clear up on its own - give it a week? That's lightening fast. And I can take Tylenol for the pain? Oh good. I'm sure Tylenol is just the thing for something that feels like a drill in my ear. I can manage. I don't have kids, or a spouse or responsibilities or anything.
- Fact: When you're running a fever, dressed in your jammies and your hair is disgusting, you WILL run into people you know at the store.
- There really is nothing more pathetic than a delirious, hoarse, congested little Lou at 2 am. Sorry girl. Sometimes life just sucks.
- When I'm in the waiting room at the doctor's office, and there's no seats available - I will judge you and your parenting abilities when you let your 8 year old sprawl out over 4 chairs.
- Can you tell I'm extremely pleasant when I'm ill? Its a gift, really.....
- Taxes. Sooo close. Yet sooo far.
- Strangers everywhere. You can mistake my daughter for a boy anytime you like. It won't make me put bows the size of Jupiter on her head.
- Despite my "no soliciting sign" a solicitor knocked on my door. Seeing that I have the sign, I assumed it was someone I knew, and opened the door (mistake #1). They wanted to test our water, so I assumed they were from the city (mistake #2). In short, they have called me no less than 2 daily for the past week. Never leaving a message. I intend to never pick up. The battle of wills has begun.
- Its Friday. This better be the end to my week of suck. Uh, er, I mean sick. No, I meant suck.
- On a happier note - since we were homebound again this week, and I didn't want to contaminate (with flu) our annual Valentine's cookies we give out, PG and I "decorated" instead. Nothing defines a man more than his ability to cut out heart shapes. Right?
Friday, February 11, 2011
lessons learned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sorry to hear you are down in the dumps, sister. If it makes you feel any better, I gave us all food poisoning. It's sad cuz I was totally looking forward to spending the man's paycheck today!
Sorry you're sick. . . . and is the "water" lady the one who came over that day when I was there? I strongly dislike solicitors. a lot.
I am CONSTANTLY judging people at the doctor's office. What is it about a waiting room that makes people lose all sense of humanity?!
Post a Comment