Monday, August 29, 2011

liar.

Had to tell the child this morning that we do not have cake for breakfast. Which is a complete and utter falsehood.

Let the mind games begin PG. Someday when you're in therapy, I'm sure you'll discover that today is where it all started....

Who can blame him though?
(Mississippi Mud Cake w/Chocolate Icing and Pecans)

Incidentally, when I told him what I was making for dessert, he freaked out. And I was all "fine more cake for me". Then I finally got out of him that "he didn't want to eat mud....."

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I love it when I give Addy Cheerios or fruit for a snack, and then turn around and eat brownies myself. Sucker.

Lindy said...

Grownups have earned the right to make that choice. That's the whole point of getting older--making poor breakfast choices. Kids have to endure years of people nagging them before they get that privilege.

AnnaYoung said...

My sister is a firm believer in the double standard. she even had a conversation with her 4 year old when he asked "mama why can't I eat on teh couch?" and she said "because I don't spill. and if I d, I clean it up. Who cleans it up if you spill?" and he sighed and said "You mama." Boom. Done. She eats on the couch they don't.