Wednesday, October 5, 2011

done gone lost my mind.....the tri.

I signed up for this triathlon. Its in exactly 1 month. I think this whole idea had something to do with the fact that I'm turning 30 in December.

I've been training for a few months now, and the progress has been good, but I don't think I'll ever feel 100% prepared. Its only a sprint length (5k run, 10 mile bike, 350m swim). I've always wanted to do a triathlon ever since I found out they were not all the distance of an Iron Man (cause that's just insane). Some other reasons are as follows:
  • I love swimming (and I'm good at it).
  • I love races, but hate running (hate, loathe, despise...I really dislike it). With a tri - the running is only part of it, not all of it. Bonus.
  • I need time to train. The timing is perfect now that D's traveling has slowed, at least for a few months.
The only part I'm a little nervous for is the bike. I've been going to spin classes for awhile, and a few weeks ago tried a ride on an actual bike. Something I haven't done since I was 15. It actually wasn't that bad, although I did swallow a bug. Not just had one fly into my mouth and then spit it out again, but swallowed it whole. I still think about puking......

So that's that. Happy pre birthday to me. I may die, but at least I can say I did a tri. Ha! Hahahahaha.......HA.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I would literally rather donate an organ than swim, run, and bike all in one day. Once I worked out on an elliptical for 15 minutes, and I had to lay down for two hours afterwards to recover. And I was sore for a week.

So basically anyone who does these types of things is my hero. I dont know how its done, seriously.

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

good luck! you will do great!!! i don't think i could ever do it!!! that's neat that you can cross it off your bucket list :)

Jackie said...

I think swimming in a competition is terrifying, so you have my utmost respect.

Rock it, Dig.

Anonymous said...

I"m turning 30 tomorrow...eff me...

Potters said...

I think you will do great. Good luck.

Amber said...

How did I miss this post. . . .

You have NOT lost your mind. Promise. Well, maybe I don't think you have because I don't want to think that I have! :)

You will do fantastic. The bike is easily going to be your favorite part. At least that is what I think. Race day will come and you'll be running on adrenalin -- and maybe after we should do something to celebrate like: Take a trip to Hawaii.

Yep, good idea.