Wednesday, October 26, 2011

run for your life stranger!

The other day we were eating at the Rio, and this obnoxious, lumbering, loud, not wearing enough pants were there should be pants (and not in a good way) 20 something chick cuts in line and goes "Um - can I have some more chicken? Just a few ounces." She did it in a way where I think she thought she was being cute, but I was all Girrrrrl, I don't think you look like you think you do. I was also thinking the request in an of itself was weird. Isn't that something you pay for.....extra meat, right? They ask you that as they are making your food. Its not like you're asking for more ketchup.

Anyway - the guy behind the counter sort of looked at all of us in line like, what do I do. After a few awkward seconds he relented and gave her some chipper chicken.

Then she sits down - with a dude. A semi attractive younger gentlemen. And yes, they were an item, because her hand smacked is a$$ a few times. You know - to mark her territory? I watched as they dined. She was loud, LOUD. Like "Oh my yummy. This is so good". And bossy. BOSSY. "Dan I need a refill, don't put too much ice in".

He slinked over to refill the drink and it took all of my mind, body and soul to not jump up and say, "Dude. Run. Run for your life. And don't look back......I'll distract her with some chicken. GO!"

Seriously.

3 comments:

P Gersch said...

I wasn't sure if it was really you writing that post until I read the "Run. Run for your life! I'LL DISTRACT HER WITH CHICKEN!" ROFLMBO

melissa said...

Dude, that's pretty amazing. And even when I think I'm sick of the Rio, I still get jealous that you're there and deep down I wish I could be there, too. And JCW's. And the dino museum. And your house. I can't believe it was a whole year ago that I was working on your Lucy costume!! Those were some good times. Rush still misses PG. I seriously wish wish wish we still lived close. Like EVERY DAY I wish that!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

I seriously can't stop laughing. My sister Jackie (shafer) had your name linked on her blog post today and I clicked on it, read your first post and I can't stop laughing. I think that girl was in the Firehouse Subs with us the other day (in colorado of course). It was like a train wreck...couldn't stop starring.

Thanks for the chuckle!