Monday, March 12, 2012

so what's the protocol if.....

....your 4 year old swallows 20 pieces of gum?

Good hell. Happy Monday.

Before he manned up and volunteered the truth, here are some fibs formulated in his 4 year old brain.
  • Ells ate it.
  • All of the gum is in the house somewhere, don't worry, we'll find it mom.
  • The window opened by itself and it all blew away.
Sheesh. I cannot wait for the excuses of teenage-hood. Can. Not. Wait.


7 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

oh my WORD! does he have a tummy ache? pretty clever excuses tho... you've got to hand it to him :)

Em said...

fyi, in my experience that leads to awesome diarrhea - at least if it was sugar-free gum. The xylitol is medicinally used as a laxative/stool softener. I found that out the fun way. You are not alone lady.

northwesternbelle said...

Awesome. Just, awesome. I'm so NOT looking forward to the joys of having kids that can talk. I'm pretty content currently with Colt only barely mobile and babbling adorably. If only it could stay that way!

the meyersons said...

Gooser did the same. Mint. Let's just say, poo can smell minty.

Potters said...

He is so funny. I love his "explanations" for what happened to the gum. I'm sure you are not the first mom nor the last to have this happen to her.

Jackie said...

Maybe he has a future in the hotdog eating contest?

Kelsey Kamauu said...

love his excuses - although I would be so mad if my 4 year old did the same :) he is a pretty creative little guy - i wonder where he gets that from?