Monday, May 14, 2012

the Lou is TWO (part 1)

Holy moses. This child is two. I can't even believe it. Dave was out of town for her actual special day AND Mother's Day (double fail). So we celebrated both in one day before he left. It was fun - but exhausting. We went to Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point. And we learned a few things - such as Ells, hates anything equine. She wouldn't even look at the pony foal. IT'S A BABY PONY. Does anything get any tinier....or cuter? She even bawled on the wagon ride. Sheesh.

Apparently she also hates birthday candles....interesting and hilarious at the same time. 





Way to save the day PG. 

Dave insisted on a nice dinner out. 


This is what "nice" usually means with the kids. 


Sigh. We miss you babe. 

Happy birthday to Little Lou! And Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Ha! That is hilarious. Hope the day was great! Can't believe how grown up your kids look. When did I last see them? Years ago?

P Gersch said...

This one is precious. I hope you frame it!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-aN2N9kcKBio/T7F1e4WN_zI/AAAAAAAAB3Y/7F9Nng6-1kc/s1600/Dad.jpg

And this one cracks me up. It says it all exactly what's going through poor Ells head (and yours)
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_FivYJsxpZI/T7F0S_WR56I/AAAAAAAAB3I/wsW7KbP0Y-g/s1600/photo+%233.JPG

Suzanne said...

Everything about this makes me oh so happy.

Also, I think it's just a developmental phase. Remember Levi and his bawling for an hour and a half straight at the pumpkin patch? Yeah, me too.

(Also, did you say TWO? I'm not sure that's possible...)

Anonymous said...

Seriously, why did Dave think that was a good idea? :) I would take dinner with your fam anyday!!!

Anonymous said...

Is that a Denny's that you're eating at?

the Allers said...

@ Karene.....Sounds good. And it's close.....Cheesecake Factory. They're basically one in the same.