Wednesday, August 29, 2012

pet stroller vs. child leash

Ok - has anyone seen these? Dog strollers? I've now officially seen 3...one on a walk, and the other 2 in stores. WHAT? I do understand that pets are important. But do you have to take your dog to Target? Have to? Cuz you are pushing your dog in a dog stroller and stuff in a regular stroller. Two strollers lady. But maybe Target is your dog's favorite store. What do I know?

Also, isn't the purpose of taking a dog on a walk, to exercise the dog? I hear strollers are a really good workout.

Also, also, if I had the choice to push two carts, one with kids, and one with stuff, or go solo to the store, I would most definitely choose to go shopping alone. With just me, myself and I pushing uno cart. Just sayin'

On the flip side, there are pet accessories for children. The oh so controversial "child leash". Honestly, as a parent of young kids, there's no debate. I'd rather be safe than sorry. Judge me all you want. At least I will know where my kid is at all times. That is if we ever make it somewhere insanely crowded - like Disneyland. For now, a cart and my eagle eye has sufficed.

And people will judge. Modern Family says so....

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

You've only seen 3? California is riddled with them. I don't really get it either, but I am the daughter of the man who bought a bike cart (the kind made for CHILDREN) so he could take his dogs on bike rides. (Because they got so tired so fast!) So I think my opinion is just sort of cancelled out on this one.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, saw them a lot in NYC too. But dogs are pretty spoiled there. The dogs just look out of their mesh stroller and scorn those around them while thinking "B**** please, the sidewalks of this place do not get graced by my manicured paws." Really, I saw them thinking it all the time.

There were a few cool dogs who were obviously thinking "If this woman didn't feed me, I'd totally bite her face for shaming me this way."