I'm immature - there's no denying it. But who doesn't love people, places or things that have silly names? I was checking out the online portfolio of one of our design vendors this morning, and they listed a link to a company called OSCRAP. What do you think that means? And yes - that's exactly how it appeared on their website. Someone in marketing never learned about having CRAP anywhere in your company's name. After clicking on it - I discovered that it was O' Scrap, a scrap booking website. Why was this so hilarious? Because I hate scrap booking, yes its true. I feel its a waste of time and $ (gasp). And what better way to describe such an activity as crap (sorry Jack).
Then I remembered something awesome awesome awesome. Every election season in Idaho, lawns and streetsides would be plastered with political signage for one particular candidate - Senator Mike Crapo - who is still goin' strong in the US Senate. Its pronounced (crAY-poh), but seriously. After 10 + years, its still funny folks.
6 comments:
Kinda like our old scout leader, Kent Dukapoo. Yes, it's pronounced just the way you think.
Crapo gets me every time! Plus, my good friend Sally Craphead.
Think of the good jokes you can make with a last name like Crapo--oh the possibilities!
Lol! I went to school with Mike's daughter Laura. She got a lot of crap (pun intended!) about her last name.
My dad's company is Montgomery Scrap Corporation otherwise known as "Mongomery's Crap Corporation"
Oh, too awesome. I hate scrapbooking too.
Post a Comment