Tuesday, August 12, 2008

booby trap.

The other night I was in bed, trying to go to sleep, when I noticed Dave had left one of our bathroom cabinets open (the one under the sink). Great - I can either get up and shut it now, or trip over it at 3 in the morning when I get up to pee. Then I thought - I wonder if he's setting a booby trap for me? THEN I thought - why do they call them "booby traps"?

Breaking the "going to bed" silence, I nudged Dave:
Me: "Hey, why do they call booby traps, booby traps?"
Dave: "Its from when they used to set traps for the booby bird" (very matter of factly).
Me: Laughing so hard I couldn't speak + hitting my pillow + rolling around from the laughing pain.
Dave: "WHAT? That's why they are called booby traps"
Me: (still in between laughs) "Do you think it might be from the slang word "boob" used to describe an unintelligent person?.....Booby Bird" (more laughing)
Dave: "World Wide Web it is then."

Think to yourself which side you'd like to be on......because BOTH of us were correct. Check it out for yourself.

Kudos to Dave for knowing everything under the sun. And kudos to me for being immature.

3 comments:

Rin said...

You guys kill me! I love it.

HunnyHull said...

Sarah,

I think your husband's brother is my husband's cousin's husband's brother :) if that makes any sense. Michelle Aller is my husband's cousin. Is Jared your husband's brother?

Ashley

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

hahaha, you are hilarious!!