Monday, August 18, 2008

glorious internet + some deep thoughts.

Our laptop was being used by a 3rd party over the weekend. I was without access (unless you count the i Phone) to the world wide web for an entire 4 days. I've since realized that I'm addicted to the internet....to the point that I probably need an intervention.

In other completely unrelated news, here is a letter my mind drafted to my body around 2 am last night.

Dear Body,

There are a few things we need to collaborate on in order to preserve my sanity and our over all productivity.

1. If you don't stop twitching your legs, they might get cut off.
2. The purpose of getting in bed around 11:3o pm is to sleep, not to toss and turn until 2 am.
3. Another benefit of going to bed early is to wake up refreshed and energized - ready for a morning workout.....Working out at 10:00 pm is not going to benefit either of us.
5. If you could do something about your stretch marks - that would be really helpful. They are very unsightly.
6. If you could also help us out a little with losing the rest of the baby weight, that would be helpful too. I've put a lot of planning and effort in to this endeavor and it seems that you're not pulling your weight (no pun intended - well, maybe it is.....)
7. Diet Coke is not a proper breakfast, or midnight snack.
8. Why can't you just like celery? Its in so many delicious dishes. Its also convenient, healthy and has a good price point.

Just some food for thought. Thanks for all you do.

xoxo,
Sarah's Brain

4 comments:

AnnaYoung said...

Celery's really not all that healthy acutally. BUt I guess its good for you in that it's not a calorie dense food. Meaning a pound has about 5 calories, so if you ate a pound of celery you'd feel pretty full but only have eaten 5 calories. But I think its acutally just mostly water.

NEvertheless, it WOULD be cool of your body to just sort it out and consume celery.

Katie and Bryson said...

Please CC me on that mind-to-body email. I would like to see some of these new initiatives implemented as well!

Unknown said...

Stupid bodies. I keep telling mine that I want it to return to the way it was in 2006, but it just seems to ignore me. In fact, I think my stretch marks spread out during the night. And their good friends and neighbors named love handles do the same.
Soon, im going to have to take drastic measures and duct tape them back to their proper size and position!

darcie said...

will you forward this onto my body? cuz i've got more lbs to lose than i have to keep.