Sunday, November 16, 2008

and we're back.

We had a family reunion of sorts last week - hence my absence (more on that to come). Here's a few things non family related things that you may have missed.....

Some families in the neighborhood have had ALL of their Christmas decor up for at least a week now - Christmas tree included. I'm not sure what's going on, but I do have a plan. Next year, I'll have mine up before Halloween.

PG attended a b-day party for a darling little girl in the neighborhood. It was a princess party. PG was a "Prince". I expected tiaras and some pink decorations. What I got was hand sewn "Prince" boots, a belt, more candy than Halloween, dinner for the kiddos + separate food for the adults, and photos. Sorry PG, I love you, but I don't love you enough to hand sew Prince Boots for all of your friends. I don't think I even wore makeup to your 1st b-day. But I do have to thank my friend who threw the Princess Party, it was awesome and I got some sweet, sweet pics of PG (below).

I spent 8 hours total this Sunday, on my feet. What was I doing? The usual - cooking, cleaning, teaching @ Church. I feel that is an asinine amount. Is this what my life has come to?

I'm starting to change my mind about clowns. I still loathe them - but on a slightly lesser scale. There was one at the supermarket that gave PG a balloon and a sticker. The child has never been happier.

Ahh - its good to be back.

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Prince boots AND a non-freaky clown?? So much has changed since we last spoke...

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

I love that you use the word 'asinine' ... I haven't heard that in a really long time Ü ...I forgot how much I like it!
Your blogs are so funny!! Thanks for my 'laugh of the day' Ü

Unknown said...

My parents should move to utah. Their house is like holiday hell already...

Leith said...

I know someone who decorated their house before Halloween. I wanted to "TRICK" them so badly, but they're close friends with my in-laws and they wouldn't allow it. Ho-hum! Prince boots ey, some mothers have far too much time on their hands. My child will be lucky if she gets any Christmas presents at all, let alone handmade items for a birthday party for her friends. Besides, she's perfectly content with a piece of cardboard and the back end of a spoon to suck on right now. I have the makings of a bad mother I know. Too bad!

AnnaYoung said...

Clara really enjoys water bottles. Full, empty, with a little water in it, whatever. Do you think I could get away with water bottles as a party favor?

PS PG is prince-tastic in that picture

Suzanne said...

I hear ya, sister... Sunday is often one of my busiest days, too. Day of rest, my butt.

Also, PG is the cutest little prince I've ever seen!