Wednesday, May 13, 2009

movies.

D and I miss the luxury of having a night at the movies whenever we please. Monday we seriously considered how well the kid would fair if we took him to see Star Trek. Ultimately we decided against it. Oh how I wish my toddler liked movies (or tv for that matter), and would sit quietly as to not disturb us or other patrons. I guess while I'm at it I should wish for a pot o' gold and my head on Charlize Theron's body......

Apparently some people don't agree. On our anniversary D and I were lucky enough to escape to a flick sans kid.....but don't worry, someone else brought theirs. 2 pre-k aged kids delighted us with screaming, running around, and throwing food the entire time in our tiny theater. And their guardians did.....nothing. In fact, they talked at normal volume too. I was extremely tempted to say "there's a reason you shouldn't bring children to movies", but I'm trying to work on my "stranger anger" issues.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being a responsible parent and human being. People who let their kids run wild aught to be slapped, and I don't mean with a wet noodle. I'm thinking bike tire tubes....(I have anger issues too apparently!)

JerzyGrl said...

You need to check out the Redwood Drive-In! Then you can go to movies and if your kid is fussy...nobody can hear him in the car (provided you can get him to stay in the car).

Lindy said...

I took the Goose to a movie last week during the middle of the day. It was the first time I've tried it and she lasted about 45 minutes. Then we left. I miss the movies too.

Jackie said...

Oh, those were my kids.

Sorry.

(And sorry I forgot to tell you I was in town. And that I have kids.)