Monday, August 10, 2009

bear.

Does anyone watch that show Man Vs. Wild? Its pretty disgusting, and awesome. Perhaps disgustingly awesome - repulsive yet you can't look away. The show follows ex-British special forces serviceman Bear Grylles as he's dumped into extreme locales across the globe and has 3 days to find civilization. We don't watch it regularly, but if you catch one episode, you can't help but watch another if its airing after it. Thus the sporadic inadvertent marathons of survival TV watching.

I've noticed though, with all the disgusting things Bear eats, and utilizes for survival, nothing he says sounds silly or gross because of his accent. In one episode he said "I've come down with really bad case of diarrhea, which is never a good sign when you don't have a steady supply of water"......

Did I laugh? No. But I should have. Wow Bear. Wow.

He also has a son named Marmaduke. Totally boss.

5 comments:

darcie said...

i think he's a bit of a bozo because sometimes he'll just show you how to kill a snake should you want to eat it and he'll toss it aside. but could his name be any more legit?

Anonymous said...

Um, Bear is awesome, I have already devoted a blog post to his awesomeness.

My roomie and I have a drinking game around his show; whenever he mentions the people who died or were lost in the area he is in, we shout and drink whatever drink we may have...which is kinda boring because we mostly drink water and OJ. I mean, it isn't cool that people died, but it is kinda hilarious when he talks about it...I know, I am looking into therapy...

Jackie said...

I think you can get away with a lot of things if you have just the right accent. That Bear is a lucky man...

Suzanne said...

1) Bear??

2) Marmaduke??

That's all I've got...

Lindy said...

Did you ever see that one super close up of him eating a raw fish? The squishing was perhaps the grossest thing I've ever seen. The accent surely does carry him far.