Thursday, June 11, 2009

lessons learned.

  • Its always a wrestling match to get my kid in jammies. After the wrestling match on Tues. he bolted for the tub which only half drained, and climbed on in. Much yelling ensued.
  • If you think we're too good to rent Fired Up, you'd be dead wrong.
  • Swimmy swammy lessons in 60 degree rainy weather is totally ideal.
  • After six years of marriage, D let me pick the curtains. Victory is oh so sweet - and colorful.
  • Does anyone remember Skipper's/Long John Silver's joints? I don't remember ever eating there, but when I travel I'll occasionally see an empty building with a giant anchor in front and think, I bet it was a good idea on paper......
  • After 4 days of getting up at 5 am, the kid has resumed his 8am wake up call (he even threw in a 9-er once). But I think its all part of a plan - he's doing it to keep me on my feet. Any day now a 5am-er could happen again. Which makes me shutter. I mean, that's totally something I would do.
  • 2 museums were visited this week. Admission total for a family of 3......$56.00. At one museum I yelled at a guy, so it might possibly be worth it. Well, if you can keep my toddler entertained for 3 hours, its definitely worth it.
  • Headed to B-town next week. Good times should be had.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Long John Silver's is alive and kicking in California. Whenever I consciously notice one I think, "Fast food seafood? REALLY?!"

{Shudder}

Lindy said...

Oh please, please, please describe the circumstances around yelling at a man at the museum!

Anonymous said...

Aren't 2 year olds great?

And yes, please do tell us more about yelling at the guy at the museum!

Elizabeth said...

Quote from my husband, "It's fantastic, not only do we have Long John Silvers, we have Captain D's" Yes here in the South, we love everything on the menu deep-fat-fried. Oh here we also have an over-abundance of fried cat-fish shacks.