Friday, August 7, 2009

lessons learned.

  • If you want me to never shop at your store again, by all means have a hippie in a flowered dress and mangled hair wailing on her guitar by the checkout. By. All. Means.
  • I went running at 6:30am a few times this week. And the whole time I was disgusted with myself. Who really, truly enjoys getting up at that unholy hour? And even more disgusting is I'm tired and ready for bed at 10pm.
  • If your kid refuses to sleep for a few days while at your in laws, you have to keep in mind that he'll crash eventually. And he did - for 13 glorious hours.
  • Homemade tortillas, you may have won this week, but I have a tortilla press. Its over.
  • I've missed half of Shark Week. A little piece of me has died (out of sadness, not from a shark attack thankfully).
  • Utah is on fire again. Bust out the Claritin.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm tired and ready for bed by 8:00 pm. I WIN.

(Debilitating, pregnancy-induced fatigue, anyone?)

More than once, Shane has told me, "SUZANNE, you have to at least wait until it's DARK before you go to bed..." Sometimes I listen to him, sometimes I don't...

Lindy said...

Remember that lady from Jackie's ward in RI I think that lost half of a butt cheek to a shark attack? I wish that was documented on Shark Week.

Also, bed at 10 pm sounds night owlish to me.

Jackie said...

I think Sister Shark Attack was featured on some show! Wish I could remember which one...

Also, homemade tortillas? You have my honor and respect.