- I'm pretty sure he's my exact opposite - which is why this whole arrangement hasn't blown up in our faces.
- He's soft-spoken and patient.
- He's a very hard worker.
- When it comes to posing for pictures, its the worst thing you've ever seen. Think of that Friends episode where Monica and Chandler were getting their engagement pics done - its worse.
- His fingernails and hair grow at superhero speed. I kid you not.
- His most favorite movie is "A Life Less Ordinary".
- Danny Tanner has nothing on D's OCD-ness about being neat and tidy.
- He shaves his feet, because he loves me "the hater of all feet".
- He hates being the center of attention - so birthday parties have now been replaced by weekend spa getaways. Fine with me!
- His favorite dessert is a toss up between cherry pie and fried ice cream. (To which I replied, What the hell? You've never uttered the words "fried ice cream" once, ONCE since I've known you. So odd).
- Once, we were laughing so hard that he had to pull the car over and pee on the side of the road.
- He hates the ocean, and everything in it. Which hurts my heart, but I can't blame him - there aren't a lot of oceans in Kansas.
- His favorite season is fall.
- He thinks b/c I recycle that I'm a hippie.
- He's a computer nerd - big time.
- In high school, he used to sport various styles of mohawks.
- Someday he wants a huge plot of land in a place like Montana. (Someday I want a little cottage on the beach - I don't want to talk about it).
- He broke his back skiing when he was 14.
- He's not very romantic, which works out great, cause if you're the kind of guy that sings me songs on your guitar, or says things like "you're beauty is angelic" (can you tell I'm going from pre-D experience?) it will take all of my mind, body, and soul not to laugh in your face while simultaneously vomiting. Classic D questions regarding romance: "Um, am I supposed to be buying you jewelry for holidays and b-days?". "Why would I buy you flowers all the time, they just die? I mean I'll buy them, but you have to know I don't enjoy it" Man I love that guy.
- One of our first years as a married couple he insisted on buying a Dyson vacuum. Which I thought was completely asinine. Who would pay that much for a vacuum? To this day I have never touched that machine, he's done all the vacuuming since 2004.
- When PG was born and then had to go to the NICU for some time, D was awesome. Totally awesome. I was like - wait - that's a baby......and its ours.......can I have a Coke? And then I yelled at some NICU doctors.
- As mentioned before D, doesn't care for pancakes.
- When he was younger, he always had to have the car from Duke's of Hazzard "General Lee" in both hands, at all times.
- The only time I've seen him in a suit was on our wedding day. Babe, you're 30 - its time to step it up.
- He lived in Rio from 98-00 and can still speak the language remarkably well.
- He's a big kid - as in loves playing in the snow, pools, wrestling, jumping on trampolines.
- He made me spend the night outside the Gateway Mall so we could be sure to get iPhones the next morning on the release date.
- When he was younger he took dance classes for 11 years.
- He once got arrested for streaking.......
- He just may be the best Spouse/Dad in the whole world.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
bust out the walker.
My baby turns 30 today. Its hard to believe that I've known him for 8 years. In honor of his oldness, here are 30 things you may or may not know about D:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
aw....sounds like a winner. :) As I recall, I started my feet shaving habit back when we lived in heritage halls (*shutter*) I don't think I ever heard of it until I met you and Lani.
Dave sounds awesome. And you guys sound like a good match! Happy Birthday Dave!
Awesome post, I really feel closer to Dave. Two things I want to know more about 1. The dance classes and 2. the arrest. Do tell!
Happy 30 geezer (don't worry, I'm right behind you)
Dave, I might love you more than anyone else I've never met. Happy birthday, dude!
P.S. Would you be willing to teach my husband how to be a little more OCD about being neat and tidy? And also buy us a Dyson?
You forgot to mention that he also is a master in the art of wedgie application.
We were out of town for the actual day, so please accept our belated birthday wishes. And please choreograph a dance number for us.
We love us some Dave Aller!!!!
Happy Birthday! October 15th is the greatest birthday in existence.
WHOA!!!! 11 years of dance?!?!
Post a Comment