Tuesday, March 2, 2010

cadbury minis.

So, let's talk about the miracle candy that is Cadbury Mini Eggs. There's no one word that can really describe them. I didn't even know they existed until college when Zimmerman introduced them to me.

Anyway, last year I procrastinated "helping the Easter Bunny" with the purchasing of Easter candy. To my ultimate dismay, there were no Cadbury Minis to be found in any store....UNTIL my last stop - Smiths. Later that night I started filling eggs and gleefully chomping down on a few Mini Eggs. To my horror, I discovered they were DARK CHOCOLATE. A frightening combo of delicious candy shell and crap-tastic chocolatey insides. Who is responsible? No wonder I found them the day before Easter. So sad - a Mini Egg free Easter for 2009.

This year, I set out early on my egg quest. So far I've hit Albertson's, Target and Wal-Mart. NO MINI EGGS. NOT ONE BAG. What? I'm starting to loose my mind. If I don't find any this year, someone will pay. Hopefully it won't be a big fluffy bunny.....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's true, they are kind of a commodity. Gotta jump early on those things.

Got my first bag at Target two weeks ago, haven't seen them since! Haven't they ever heard of supply and demand??

Holly Jo said...

Sarah, I will purchase a bag or two for you here. The shelves are full of them. Then, when you can't take it anymore and you need to fulfull your craving, you will be forced to drive to wonderful P town and visit! =).....except, how will I not eat them myself until you get here....hmmmm

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Dark choc mini eggs sound awful! I hope you find some! They really are the best candy ever and my favorite thing about Easter :)

Unknown said...

What!? There all out? !@#$%^^

Jackie said...

If you need me to ship some from the Virginia, please let me know. No Easter should be without the Cadbury minis.

Lindy said...

Fewer things make me angrier than dark chocolate in milk chocolate's place. It's just not good! I looked for some mini eggs last week at Kroger and wouldn't you know it, they only had dark chocolate! I don't know if Cadbury is hoping to limit supply so much that they can charge $20 a bag, or what, but it's really getting old.

Suzanne said...

Keep a weather eye on your mailbox, Doughty.

AnnaYoung said...

Dude! Tyler bought me 3 bags when he ran errands today! want me to send you some from Japan? I won't lie, it'll cost you, but I'd be willing to sacrifice so you don't have a second cadbury-free Easter again.

PS. They have them for christmas! but they're just balls, not eggs. BUT PEOPLE DON"T KNOW THAT!! SO they're lots easier to get! So. . . sort that out.

AnnaYoung said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention I got angry when I read they were Dark Chocolate. So, so very angry.