
Also my blessed sister and brother in law Kat and Bryn were in town. They made me this deliciously glorious "Kathy Aller Style" cake. It was tremendous. And I may or may not have had the leftovers for dinner this evening.

30 M&Ms and 30 candles on that bad boy.

PG's standard cheesy/weird grin + Dave on FaceTime.

Bryn, Kat and what appears to be Ells engulfed in flames. She wasn't.....almost.....but wasn't. I'm such a good parent.
I rarely get pedicures, so I thought this was the perfect occasion to schedule one (+ a foot massage). But when my masseuse showed me my locker and robe, I was all "Uh, is that necessary for a foot massage?". We deciphered there was a miscommunication in scheduling and that I, in fact, had not scheduled a full body massage. They couldn't reschedule me that night. FAIL. So, I ordered curbside Carrabbas and then went grocery shopping....Which will definitely attest to my new elderly-ness since I found eating alone, and grocery shopping alone completely awesome. The whole day was awesome in fact.
I've been dreading 30 for awhile. But it hasn't been as depressing as I thought it would be. And as the wisest mother of them all pointed out....Whelp, its not like 20 somethings rule the world.
Touche. Mom. Touche.
2 comments:
Congrats on turning 30 and ruling the world, Sar! I'm glad it turned out to be a great day, Carrabbas and all.
Happy Birthday! I too feel my youth slipping through my gnarled elderly fingers lately...Im holding on tight to 29 for a few more months....do you find it completely humiliating if i were to throw MYSELF a huge birthday party? What I do know for sure is now you have inspired me to bake myself an awesome cake.
Post a Comment