I thought it would be an amazingly pleasant evening of Christmas music and decorating. It quickly turned into candy begging and escalating questions..."Mom, mom, mom, MOOOOOM. When is it my turn? Can I put some candy on? CAN I PUT SOME CANDY ON.....? And Ells just sounded like a distressed seal - high pitch squeaks. Holy. Moly. My sanity.
I'm not sure why I expected a 4 year old and 1.5 year old to sit calmly as I divvied out bags of candy, and patiently watch me frost the house so they could decorate it. (Its not like I could just give them the frosting, right?) What is the system? There has to be a system......
After about 10 minutes of the worst frosting of a house I've ever seen, and the kids not getting candy quickly enough - they resorted to this.


Playing with boxes......
I was horrified by my icing abilities. What's happened to me? It reminded me of this comparison I saw on Wikipedia.....Caffeinated spider web vs. non Caffeinated spider web. (just webs, no spiders...)

Caffeinated. (screaming children)

Non caffienated. SILENCE whilst I frosted......Look at that beautiful bottom row.

Here is the final blinding product. PS: The gingerbread men that came with the kit are not to scale by any stretch of the imagination. There is no way they are fitting through that teeny, tiny door.
Ho. Ho. Ho.
2 comments:
Anything like that is hard to do with younger kids. You should have seen me stressing out with the kids wanting to help with the Christmas tree.
Wow--impressive Preston and Els, nice decorating!
Post a Comment