Monday, February 25, 2008

once in a lifetime.

Some major things happened in the Aller house this weekend - things that will change us forever.
#1. Preston tried solid food for the first time. I went with oatmeal mixed with some formula.

Here is the before.

Here is the after.
We got about 3 bites in - I'd say it was a success.

#2. I got tickets to the Police reunion tour that's coming through SLC this summer. Me + the immediate Doughty clan are attending (Dave opted out and PG was offended that he's too young to go). I was ecstatic that I was able reserve all 5 tickets - the concert was sold out in 10 minutes! I was on the phone with my parents an hour before sales opened "practicing" what to do online when 10 am hit. There are 5 of us total - but a 4 ticket limit per one purchase - so we had to coordinate our efforts. Long story short - the parents weren't puter savvy enough when things got jammed, so I did 2 transactions and got all of our tickets. I've never been more proud of myself (ok maybe I have - but this one is up there). Oh Sting - its been too long.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Is the ultimate frown for the oatmeal, or for Sting? I just don't know how PG's going to react when you give him steak next week. Best of luck with that.

AnnaYoung said...

Dang, two transatcions? You should teach classes--remind me one day to tell you of hte "carpenteria beach site reservation' debaucle of the zimmerman clan--the results were not near as pleasant as yours.

Take an extra pair of some fun undergarment to throw on stage in my honor! (He's a Noun present tense! He's not Stung, he's not Stinging. . he's STING!)

Suzanne said...

Oh, oatmeal. We hardly knew ye.

Also. Those pictures are cuh-racking me up. I'm looking forward to many more I-wonder-what-Preston-will-eat posts to come.

Ben said...

When Elliott has his first solid foods, his face was pretty similar. He was grimacing and smacking his lips and doing everything but spitting it back out. Too funny.

Enjoy it. Take lots of pictures.

Lindy said...

After you fed PG he called me and he was sendin out an SOS, SOSOSOS. Just so you know.